People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. ~ Norman Vincent Peale

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Boutique Photography...

So, now that I have posted about us, I thought I should start blogging.

Things to do today: Start a blog, Clean house, finish up 2 custom diapers that I’ve been working on FOREVER, pack up all pending orders and go to the post office with them. Hope that a friend (ahem) calls to talk today, while I do all of this stuff. Oh, and hopefully go to the grocery store.

So, I stock my goods on Necessitae (http://www.necessitae.com). Being that I am a procrastinator, I did wait until the last possible moment to work on this stuff. The stuff goes live at 8pm my time, and at 6pm, I decided that I wanted the two outfits that I made to look like those boutique listings on ebay. You know the ones I’m talking about? Where the kids are modeling them and they look so precious. So, I get Emily to try on the outfits and tell her that she is my model. Now, those who know Emily know how funny this is. What was I thinking? First, I get this outfit on her and tell her that we can’t get it dirty because it is for sale and she is just trying it on. The first thing she tries to do is climb a tree. When Emily tries to do something, she does it. So, that dress is a keeper. It’s been up in a tree. Emily was happy to have a new royal blue velour hoodie dress.

I managed to get another outfit on her and had her stand beside the tree in it, but not climb, please. She grabbed a stick and proceeded to show me how you could use the stick as a weapon to kill a dragon. So, here is my super boutique photo number one:

Love that face, huh? And yes, I used it. Then, she ran to the trampoline and wanted me to photograph her jumping on the trampoline. Super boutique photo number two:

Another funny face. Okay, it's not happening. I finally managed a few "okay" photos. I can't get her to have her normal, adorable smile, but that's okay. She doesn't dream of a modeling career.


The pants and tunic are made with the Farbenmix Weeke pattern. The hoodie is made with the Farbenmix Hannel pattern, and I made the skirt pattern myself.

For fun, here is another dress that she modeled and kept:


This was the Farbenmix Olivia dress. It's such a cute pattern!

That's all for now. I need to head out to the back yard to fetch a child out of a tree.




No comments: